The Smart Way to a Fast Tax Refund
FAST - Get your refund faster than a paper check.
SMART - Your money is secure if your card is ever lost or stolen.1
CONVENIENT - Get text alerts when your refund arrives.2
FUN - You’ll be entered to win $5,000 every Friday when you use your card at least once that week! See complete rules.
Enter to win $5,000 every week!
To be eligible to win, successfully register your new card and use it to make a purchase at least once before the next Friday.
No purchase necessary.
Frequently asked questions
- How can I get my tax refund direct deposited to my card?
- How do I check the status of my tax refund?
- Can I receive tax refunds for other people on my card?
- If I direct deposit my tax refund, can I withdraw or spend it all at once?
- Is there a limit on how much I can direct deposit onto my card?
Wondering when your federal tax refund will be deposited?
Call the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954 or visit irs.gov/refunds.
Green Dot does not have any information on the status of your refund.
Sign up for Direct Deposit Tax Alert
Receive an alert each time you receive a direct deposit to your card. You'll need to register your mobile number with Green Dot. Click here to register, or log into your account, select Account Settings, Edit Contact Info, and enter your mobile number. We do not charge customers to receive a text message. However, your carrier data and message rates still apply.
Green Dot is neither a paid return preparer nor a tax advisor. All Green Dot cardholders are urged to consult their own tax advisors and/or return preparers. In accordance with IRS guidelines, you can direct your refund to your card; you cannot direct your refund to someone else's card (except for your spouse if it is a joint refund). If we receive a tax refund intended for an individual other than the cardholder, the refund may be rejected and/or your card may be suspended or closed. Limits apply.
1. Applies to unauthorized transactions on successfully registered cards
2. Carrier Msg and Data Rates May Apply.
3. Actual savings depend on product selected. Limited time offer for TurboTax 2016. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options subject to change without notice. Intuit, TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Green Dot is not responsible for TurboTax products.
4. $1,000 is a loan based upon your refund and is not the refund itself. Separate fees apply if the taxpayer selects a Refund Transfer. A Refund Transfer is not required for the Fast Cash Advance. Not all consumers will qualify for a loan or for the maximum loan amount. Fees may apply for other products and services. Additional fees may apply if Green Dot card is selected for method of receiving Fast Cash Advance. Fast Cash Advance is provided by First Century Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, not affiliated with TPG.