Get your tax refund faster than a paper check

when you direct deposit it to your Green Dot card

ATTENTION CARDHOLDERS: As of June 2, 2015, we will not accept federal tax refund direct deposits to your Green Dot prepaid card for the remainder of 2015. We will begin to accept federal tax refund deposits again in 2016.
It’s simple!
Just log in to your Green Dot account then enter your direct
deposit information onto your tax return.

Don’t have a card yet? Get a card
Wondering when your federal tax refund will be deposited?
Call the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954 or visit
Green Dot does not have any information on the status of your refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. How can I get my tax refund direct deposited to my card?
  2. How do I check the status of my tax refund?
  3. Can I receive tax refunds for other people on my card?
  4. If I direct deposit my tax refund, can I withdraw or spend it all at once?
  5. Is there a limit on how much I can direct deposit onto my card?
See More

Green Dot is neither a paid return preparer nor a tax advisor. Accordingly, Green Dot makes no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind concerning the U.S. federal income tax consequences and filing requirements that may be relevant to any particular Green Dot cardholder under applicable U.S. federal income tax laws. All Green Dot cardholders are urged to consult their own tax advisors and/or return preparers.

In accordance with IRS guidelines, you can direct your refund to your card; you cannot direct your refund to someone else’s card ( except for your spouse’s account if it is a joint refund). If we receive a tax refund intended for an individual other than the cardholder, the refund may be rejected and/or your card may be suspended or closed.

Come Back Soon
When you click continue, you will leave the Green Dot website.
Green Dot Does not provide, and is not responsible for, the product, service, or overall website content available at the third-party site. The Green Dot Privacy Policy does not apply to the linked site and you should consult the privacy disclosures on that site for further information.
Going to: