We are unable to accept the following types of checks for mobile check deposit using the Green Dot app.
- not payable to you (even if signed over to you)
- payable to more than one person (even if you are one of the names on the check)
- payable to "Cash" or "Self"
- payable in a foreign currency
- drawn on a bank outside the U.S.
- that are not dated, are postdated, or more than 90 days old
- that are irregular in any way (for example, where the numerical and written amounts are different)
- that have previously been cashed or deposited (either in paper form or electronically) or returned unpaid for any reason
- you suspect to be fraudulent, forged, altered or not properly authorized
- that do not have the signature of the person who wrote you the check
- that exceed the deposit limits set for mobile deposits
Registered government warrants: A written order to pay that instructs a federal, state, or county government treasurer to pay the holder. Warrants look like a check, but are not drawn on a checking account.
Demand drafts: Checks that do not have an original signature: Check by phone, Check by fax, Telecheck and e-check
For information on cashing a check using the Ingo® Money App, cashing and depositing a check at Walmart or cashing and depositing a check at an FSC location, please refer to those FAQs.