All checks submitted to Ingo Money are subject to review for approval, and most of the checks that are reviewed are approved. There are times though when Ingo Money is unable to approve a check due to inconsistencies in check images, limit-related issues, insufficient check verification data, or information about the check writer’s account. Unfortunately, Ingo Money cannot always tell you exactly why a check is declined because privacy regulations prevent them from sharing a check writer’s account information with you.
Below are some examples of reasons a check may be declined:
- Check was not written to you, as your name appears on your Ingo Money account.
- Check was not endorsed.
- Amount of the check is less than $5 or more than $5,000.
- Amount of the check will cause you to exceed the daily, weekly, or monthly funding limits for your card.
- Amount of the check will cause you to exceed the daily or monthly check cashing limits, or the maximum balance allowed on your card.
- Check images are illegible or do not pass authenticity screening.
- Check is a single-party check (drawn on another account you own) , a temporary check, a credit card check, or another unusual check type that Ingo does not support.
- A properly voided image of the check was not received. If you need to resubmit your voided check image, call Ingo Money at (229) 276-3990 or chat with them online at ingomoney.com.
- Sufficient information could not be verified on the check writer’s account.
- Check was written on a closed or compromised account.
If your check is declined, you will be notified in the app, by push notification (if you have enabled this service for the Ingo Money App on your mobile device) and by email. Your account will not be funded, and no fee will be assessed. You may attempt to deposit or cash your check with another service provider, or alternatively contact the check writer and request a new check or a different method of payment.
For more information
For more information about the Ingo Money App, visit the Ingo Money website. All checks subject to review for approval. Fees may apply.
Neither Green Dot account, Green Dot Bank, Green Dot Corporation, Visa U.S.A. or any of their respective affiliates provide or are responsible for Ingo Money products or services.